Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Prepping

It's been a long while since I've posted. My apologies to my three loyal readers.

I haven't had too much going on, but right now I'm knee deep in studying up for my trip to D.C. I've been refreshing my memory on all the sights of the city, but I still am not certain of what my itinerary will be for the tour. I should have a better idea later this week once I receive my packet of information ... hopefully.


In the spirit of the upcoming inauguration, I thought I would share a few fun facts over the next few days.

Fun Firsts - Media and its inaugural role ...

1. 1845 - James K. Polk's inauguration was the first covered by telegraph and the first featured in a newspaper illustration

2. 1935 - Calvin Coolidge's ceremony was first to be broadcast nationally by radio

3. 1949 - Harry S. Truman had the first televised ceremony

4. 1997 - Bill Clinton was the first ceremony broadcast live on the Internet

Stay tuned for more fun facts! (I know you're full of anticipation!)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I find your posts enlightening. :)

The trip to D.C. is such a great opportunity. I can't wait to hear about it.

The McDowells said...

Glad you are FINALLY updating your blog! Keep them coming!