Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dress-capades

This isn't necessarily a story about me and my travels ... there aren't too many these days ... but a story of the traveling dress.

Since my ideal wedding involves just me and John and our immediate families, my ideal dress isn't traditional. I would like something more like a cocktail dress. I found a cute dress on sale, bought it just in case I didn't find anything else, but it was black.

I ordered the dress that I thought was perfect ... It came, I tried it on, but it didn't even cover half my body. I thought to myself, "Surely I have the skirt bunched up and it's not going on my body correctly." It's not going on my body correctly because it's a size 4! My bone structure isn't a size 4. Therefore, this dress traveled back to the store to have the appropriate size ordered.

Dress number two arrives in the appropriate size. I try it on, it looks nice and the zipper splits. This is the last straw. This dress travels back to the store to stay. However, I travel around the city trying to find the right dress.

My mom arrives the following day to give her opinion on the dresses I try on. Low and behold, we found the perfect dress. After going through all the dresses, which I thought would be an easy affair, I'm now even more happy that John and I have decided to elope. I don't have the patience to go through similar escapades with bridesmaids' dresses, flowers, decor, etc.

Although the dress-capades have the potential to end in seven to 10 days, they may go on. The dress I've picked out has been ordered from the store where I was able to try on others in a different color. Here's hoping it comes in the my size and color!

No comments: