Friday, February 22, 2008

My bright idea ...


Okay, so I think I've come up with a topic for my seven to eight minute presentation on my interview tour of the Northwest. After much soul-searching, I've decided to talk about the Oregon Trail. You may think, "Wow, how deep." I assure you it can be.

First, I'm not talking about myself. Second, I can prove that I can be articulate on a subject that's relevant to the tour. Third, it ties into my hometown. (For those of you that don't know, the Oregon trail started in Independence, Mo.) The angle I plan to take I'm unsure of at the moment, but I thought I would try to dig up a fun story to include.

I'm also planning on heading to the Three Trails Museum in Independence this weekend for a bit of research. Another tidbit of information is that the Santa Fe and California trails also began in the Kansas City area. What else would you expect from a tour guide?!

2 comments:

Chasing Travel said...

Great Idea. The wagon trains are a fascinating part of history and I like the personal touch, your hometown. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lisa said...

all i know is that it was one rockin game on the comadore 64!