Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Verdict is in ...

This past week I was on an interview tour with Collette Vacations, which was a wonderful experience in and of itself. (I'll post more about the trip and photos later.) There were 41 people interviewing, and I was fortunate enough to be asked to join the company. After much thought and mental torture, I made a decision. I declined the Collette offer in favor of GrandLuxe Rail Journeys.

Collette is a fantastic company, but I was not ready to exclude any other adult touring in order to work for them. I like the idea of working for the companies I want to work with, and I can still try to be an independent contractor for Collette. Also, there isn't any guarantee of how many tours you'll have in a year, and your calendar doesn't really fill up until year three.

That being said, I did accept the opportunity offered by GrandLuxe Rail Journeys. During the months of May and June I'll be traveling the parks of the West. In the months of August and September, the parks of the Northwest. I'm excited about seeing and experiencing all these different places.

My request from you: Years from now if I'm kicking myself because I didn't accept the job, remind me that I thoroughly weighed my options, and this was the best decision for me at this point in my life. (In case you haven't noticed, this is my attempt at self-therapy!)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

The GrandLuxe Rail Journeys thing looks like a great experience. I'd love to take one of the tours of the parks of the Northwest. Maybe one day.

Elaine said...

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! I've never been to a single place on the journey, so it should be a great experience.

The McDowells said...

Sounds like you made a great decision!