Sunday, June 08, 2008

National Park Pix

View of train going through Calliente Canyon

Me and Tasha at Zion National Park
Zion National Park - One of the most beautiful parks on the tour. My favorites are the Grand Tetons, Bryce Canyon and Zion. Zion reminds me of Yosemite with redder rocks.
Bison in Yellowstone National Park

Valley of Fire State Park near Las Vegas, NV

Petroglyphs at Valley of Fire - The day I went, it was record temps for this time of year 110 degrees.
Me and the Grand Canyon. I enjoyed the Grand Canyon, but I think we've all been spoiled by the fabulous pictures taken at sunrise/sunset. It's beautiful, but you don't get the reflections and colors at mid-day.
St. Francis Cathedral in Santa Fe, NM
Bandelier National Monument near Santa Fe. This is where there are Pueblo dwellings. It's amazing to see them all. It's the first condo or apartment system. Some of the areas were only accessible by shimmying up a couple rocks - no ladders.


Grand Tetons in Jackson, Wy.

Fountain Paint Pots in Yellowstone. The colors in the pots help you figure out its temperature because only certain bacteria survive in specific temperatures and create the vivid blues, greens and oranges.


My room on the train. I slept on the bottom bunk. The sofa folds down, then we stored tour supplies on the top bunk. Very "quaint" and "cozy." I did have my own toilet and sink, and we shared a shower down the hall. It's not all that bad.

Ernest and me at the Temple Square in Salt Lake City, UT.


Bryce Canyon National Park near Cedar City, UT. This is one of my favorites because of the Hoodoos, which are the sandstone pillars formed by wind and rain erosion.

3 comments:

The McDowells said...

Great Pictures, looks like you saw a lot of neat places!

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Khris said...

Bryce Canyon is AWESOME...I could spend forever there...hugs Khris in Oz