Saturday, June 14, 2008

Break Time in Colorado

Right now I'm checking people into the tour while overlooking the Grand Teton Mountains. I had a wonderful 10 days which was spent in Grand Junction with John. He had to work quite a bit, but we still managed to gallivant about.


View of the Bookcliffs in Grand Junction.

We took a gorgeous drive down to Gateway, Colo., where John Hendricks, the creator of the Discovery Channel and all its affiliates has a resort and car museum.




John driving down to Gateway.

The "rock" that's the centerpiece of the Gateway skyline.


The car I will one day drive that's in the Gateway museum...


A thrilling adventure we also took was a flight to Moab, Utah, with John as the pilot. It was a lot of fun. I was John's first passenger that didn't have a clue about flying. He did a great job. On the way back from Moab to Grand Junction, he let me take the "wheel," which is not my idea of fun. It made me too nervous. Don't expect me to get my pilot's license any time soon!

John and the plane in Moab.

Me and John flying - Can you hear me now?


No comments: