Thursday, January 17, 2008

On the Road Again

I just love Willie Nelson, don't you? Even if you don't, it's time for me to get back in the travel groove. Saturday I'm leaving for sunny San Diego. There I'm attending the ITMI Symposium and plan to interview and network with tour operators.

To top it off, I get to catch up with many of my tour director friends. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone from my graduating class and those from my Alaska tour. Oh, and San Diego will be a nice change from the 20 degree weather that feels like 5 degrees. I'm ready for the warmth.

As for an update on the job hunt, I had an interview with GrandLuxe Rail Journeys. This is an amazing luxury rail company that I hope to work for this summer as a tour leader. I should know more about the opportunity later this month, the first of February.

In addition, I have my Smithsonian tour ride along scheduled for the first part of Feb. I'll be in New York City ... it's not San Diego in the winter time, but it's just as exciting.

Bon Voyage!

No comments: