Sunday, May 27, 2007

Training No More


Kenai Fjords - Sea Otter








Me at glacier on Kenai Fjords. Glacier is part of the Harding ice field.










Portage lake cruise and glacier. It was raining and sleeting that day, but still beautiful.




The training group at the Portage Glacier.




Zach holding glacier ice. You think I'm holding it with my bare hands?!





Colleen, Melissa, me, Janis and Ingrid at the top of Mt. Aleyeska.

















I can make anything look good!












Melissa, one of my roommates, and me. Juli is another one of my roommates and we found time to karaoke in Anchorage.





Reindeer a.k.a domesticated caribou




ATV riding... My head is too big, even for the helmet.






Give me land, lots of land under starry skies above ... This was a beautiful ride on the tundra near Denali. My horse's name was Kodiak. One of the other tour directors said I looked like a natural. I was
flattered at the moment, but after looking at this picture, I know it was a lie!
The only truth may be that I looked more natural than they.










Caribou









Me at the pipeline in Fairbanks.











Athabascan native modeling the coat made by her mother.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing. Can't wait to read more!

jhunt said...

Enjoyed the pics-looks like you are enjoying Alaska!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! A MOOSE!!!

Anonymous said...

Elaine....I wish I was with you!! I am soo happy for you.

Debra Schwab

Lisa said...

Yea!! It looks like you are having great fun!!! Three cheers for being crazy and quitting jobs!
Email soon with all of your stories!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT pics! Glad to see you're sharing your karaoke skill set with all of Alaska.

Take care,
Erin

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.