Saturday, May 05, 2007

North to Alaska!













The last few weeks have been a whirlwind! San Francisco was great, and I've never felt so right about any decision in my entire life. I have found what I was meant to do. I now know that I can go anywhere in the world and do a great job as a tour director.


The people in the course were wonderful. We couldn't have been more different, but we all had a common thread. Each one of us have a love for travel, new cultures and learning. After the many hours in class, we have a strong bond.


During the schooling in SF, we all had to do the SF city tour. That was a
lot of work, but it was a lot of fun. We also went to Yosemite. It was absolutely gorgeous! The picture to the left is one of the Giant Sequouias in Mariposa Grove and below is a view showing El Capatan, Half Dome and the Three Brothers. After going to Yosemite, I think I would really enjoy doing national park tours.

Now it's off to Alaska until September. There I'll be conducting land tours. I don't have a lot of details, but there is a week training session, which is reassuring. I'll keep you updated and posting photos every now and then.

My cell phone still works in the major Alaskan cities, so feel free to drop me a line, shoot me an email or leave a comment on the blog.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

yea!!! i am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read all about your adventures in Alaska!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures in Alaska!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that SF was a great experience for you -- can't wait to read more about your adventures in the Great White North. And the SF tips will come in very handy for the honeymoon! Take care Elaine!

Anonymous said...

Great article Elaine! I put your blog on my MySpace! Those pictures are wonderful. They make me want to fly out to SF right away (I miss san fran!) I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't find your e-mail address...thought you might be interested in this article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/05/07/alaska.tourism.ap/index.html

Great to hear from you, and good luck in Alaska this summer!!

Erin

Kackerman said...

E--

Sounds wonderful! I'll keep praying for your safety, confidence, and life-touching opportunity!

Renee said...

Wow! Sounds like you're learning a lot and having a great time! Safe travels to Alaska and we'll keep an eye out for updates. Don't forget about us. Take care!

Renee & Tim