Monday, May 04, 2009

Home Sweet Home

A couple of my loyal fans have asked me to post a few pictures of Grand Junction and the our humble abode. I have to say Grand Junction is much different than Missouri. You can see that much of the green is man made.


The front of the house and our tiny little patch of grass. The rest of the yard in the front and back is rock. Perfect! John uses a push mower with no motor for our yard and it takes all of 15 minutes to do the yard work with the weed eating!

The back yard with the nice patio area.
The view looking directly out our back door. This is looking east toward the Grand Mesa and the lovely shed the neighbors built. :)
Looking north from the backyard you can see part of the Bookcliffs, which are quite spectacular. I'm sure I'll post more pix of the them later.
Our container garden! John and I picked up some pepper and tomato plants yesterday and we are trying our hand at keeping these things alive. We'll see ...

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I'd love to hear how your container garden turns out. I tried it last year on the balcony and ended up with a lot of nice vines and some flowers, but no fruit or veggies. (I was trying to grow pumpkins and sweet potatoes.) I've been thinking about getting some pepper and tomato plants this year.

The McDowells said...

Take some pictures of the inside!