Friday, May 02, 2008

Midwest Mayhem

I don't know how much national coverage this will get, but one of the joys of living in the Midwest is the crazy weather. The "Northland," which is the Kansas City North metro area got pummeled by high winds. They're not saying it was a tornado, but the sirens were going off. If you would like to know more, read "Hurricane-force winds damage metro area."


The sirens went off in the early evening, then I went to bed. In the middle of the night it was really storming, so I got up, shut my windows, rolled up my carpet in the basement so it wouldn't get wet if the basement flooded and went back to bed on the second floor of my house. My one true thought was, "This is good sleeping weather." I'm sure glad I wasn't sleeping in this house that's about 25 blocks north of me!

No comments: