Friday, May 16, 2008

Chuggin' Along

I'm sitting at the tour desk on a rail car that has a broken air conditioner. My time is short, but I'll give you the run down of where we've been.

Jackson, Wy.: Teton Mountain Lodge (beautiful) - Snowed and then got to be very nice. Tetons are incredible mountains! Wonderful pic stop at Mt. Moran. Had a very nice dinner at the national museum of wildlife art.

Yellowstone: Toured through park - Old Faithful, West Thumb, Fountain Paint Pots. Saw a ton of bison and elk.

Road the potato rails to Salt Lake City - Very bumpy ride, but good. Many guests were shocked by their rooms. One told me that they knew the room would be small, but not the size of a small walk-in closet.

Salt Lake City and Park City - Had a city tour today of salt lake, ate in temple square at the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg and visited Cauldron Park. Very sunny day. Drove out to Park City and visited the different boutiques. It reminds me a bit of Vail, Co. P.S. Salt Lake is incredibly clean. It doesn't even look like there's a bad part of town, but I may not have seen it.

I'm loving the tours and the guests. Not too many incidents. Only one ambulance ride for a guest who had a spill at Old Faithful. I'll try to get pix posted after my run ends June 2. I'll try to keep up the posts though.

No comments: