Thursday, September 20, 2007

There's no place like home

I'm back in Missouri, and I'm glad to be back. After a long, and out-of-the-way trip from Anchorage to Kansas City, I was greeted at the airport by Mom, Levi and Wyatt. It was so great to see them all! When I got home, much to my surprise, I had a house full of family and friends waiting. It was wonderful to see everyone! No matter if Missouri is hotter now than I've experienced all summer, family and friends make it worth it.



The following day I got quite a surprise as well. I had an interview for a substitute teaching position. When I pulled out of my driveway, I heard a loud pop. I ran over a bolt in my drive, so I called AAA and the tow man followed me to the filling station to have my tire plugged. I ended up having my interview on Wednesday, and I'm now on the sub list.



When I left Alaska, the termination dust or first snow had fallen on the mountain tops and fall had nearly ended.



Here's the front of the wonderful Cordova Square Apartments where I spent my time while in Anchorage in a cozy one bedroom/two bath with 14 of my other dear tour directors! I'm loving having my house to myself!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i am glad you made it home! how crazy that your Alaskan adventure has come to an end. Next stop ???

The McDowells said...

Sorry Elaine, buy you have been tagged!