Friday, September 07, 2007

Sherry, Eric, me, Janis, Jamie and Diane at the Princess Lodge
Fall colors are amazing in Denali!
Sockeye salmon swimming upstream near Portage Lake
Massive kite flying at Delaney Park in Anchorage
Statendam ship's Lido Deck. The roof opens up to reveal the mountains and have the open air around the pool.

The days are numbered! I head home Sept. 17, and I'm very excited. I just ended a tour and have one more remaining. My next tour picks up on the ship Sunday, ends Thursday, I do an exit interview Friday, deadhead home on Saturday from Fairbanks and fly home at 2 a.m. on the 17th.

My last tour was interesting. I had nice enough people, but they ere all pooped out from the ship. I had a guy helicoptered to Anchorage because of cardiac issues, and then I had a few others get sick through out the stay ...

I can't wait to see you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Elaine! Can't wait to see you! Ruthi and I will have to plan a get together!

Jill

Kay said...

How was it, spending your birthday in Alaska? I'm sure everyone is as anxious to see you as you, them.

Don't worry about approaching 30; it will be in the rearview mirror faster than you can imagine. I think I turned 30 the year you were born although technically I was still 29 on your actual birth date. That year my friend, LeeAnn who was also turning 30, and I rented a skating rink and invited all our friends. Some people were out there who hadn't skated in 35 years. We had a great time. We had so much fun that some of our friends rented the rink again at Halloween and we all skated in costumes. You haven't even hit your prime yet.
Your scenery pictures are spectacular. I am sure you have some great stories to go with them.

Anonymous said...

Elaine:

I am so proud of you! Looks like you did GREAT and had lots of fun experiences and memories.

You'll be here in KC in less than a week and I am so EXCITED to see you.

Call as soon as you catch your breath!!

Any idea what's next?